The 4th Quarter recipient for our “Pay It Forward” program is ArtWorks for Milwaukee. ArtWorks was founded in 2001, and their programs focus on outcomes, which reflect the common youth outcomes identified by their longtime funding and program partner MPS Partnership for the Arts & Humanities:
- Milwaukee youth are socially and emotionally healthy,
- Milwaukee youth acquire 21st-Century skills to become successful adults, and
- Milwaukee youth have a positive impact on their community.
ArtWorks offers three tiers of programming for high school students.
- Tier1. ArtWorkers Club is a multi-week program that engages high school students in learning about their creativity and how it relates to a specific career path by completing assignments and creating a portfolio. Each week, participants will learn a different art form while relating it to 21st century skills.
- Tier2. Interns are offered a real-life job experience in eight or more weeks, complete with professional expectations, goal-setting, and self-assessments. The professional lead artist receives training in 21st century skills to integrate them effectively into the program curriculum.
- Tier3: Seeking to offer more ways for youth to engage and develop their skills, ArtWorks has created this program for interns who have completed the Tier 2 internship. The focus of the Tier 3 internship is on arts entrepreneurship and continued development and practice of 21st century skill development.
Learn more about ArtWorks and the work that they do, at ArtWorksForMilwaukee.org.
How can you help us help ArtWorks? We have tied referrals and charitable giving together through The Woller-Anger Community “Pay-It-Forward” Referral Program. Learn more at WollerAnger.com/PayItForward.
You give… we give!